Tuesday, April 26, 2005

BaBa's journey to Seattle aka...her first blog

My excellent tour guides picked me up at the airport and swept me off to the Children's museum where Max gave me a whirlwind tour of all his favorite places to explore. Then we headed to the Space Needle and went "way up high"...500 feet over the city on a beautiful clear day. We ended the first day at Redmond town center at an outdoor cafe enjoying wine and a yummy assortment of appetizers.

The next day we headed to downtown Seattle to stroll the shops. Max got a great pair of Adidas Samba Millennium soccer shoes and I got a really cool pair of golf shoes guaranteed to improve my game...or at least make me look good. On to Alki Beach. We strolled along the area with me holding Max and bouncing as we walked. I decided to add excitement by doing an impromptu summersault, plummeting Max to a concrete sidewalk...a frightening moment as I thought I had certainly maimed him. Luckily, he was only scraped a bit and I got the bigger booboo. Two steps later and it would have been a performance in front of glass walled restaurant. We found a cozy Mexican lunch spot and as luck would have it, there was an ice cream shop next door. Next we ventured to REI where Uncle Corbin got cool bike gloves. Next to the REI park for some fun.

Sat. we went to the car park to play while mom got a facial. Next was shopping at the outlet mall and then a fun time at the ball pit where BaBa lost at least 2 pounds trying to keep up with a speedy 2 year old. We ate a great lunch in North Bend at the Twin Peaks restaurant...remember that series?? Corbin and Kelly went to see U2 that evening and entrusted the klutz with their children.

Mon. I got to take Max to the Children's museum while mom and dad and Alex went to see Sin City at the Cinerama. Note by Corbin: Jeff, you need to fly up to this theater to see Star Wars with me. Back to Baba's journey.....As any self-respecting grandmother would do, I fed Max ice cream first off!! We got to see the real Arthur!! Max ran around saying hi to everyone and looking for more kids and chasing monsters never leaving me behind. On every move he calls "come BaBa"! We joined up to go eat Mexican food at a new find close to the space needle. We ended the day touring beautiful parts of the city.

Today I have to fly home...but it has been a great "trip"!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming up and hanging out with us! We appreciate it greatly and enjoyed being able to go to the concert so that U2 could see us.

I hope that bruise is looking better.